While browsing the Logansport Pharos Tribune site this afternoon, I plugged in our somewhat unusual surname and got a hit! The story (published April 15 2010) was about remains found, possibly from a long forgotten burial ground called Reed Private Cemetery.
Anyway, I had to share my excitement that one of my websites was given credit for solving a mystery and Ed and I were mentioned in the article.
A follow up article appeared on the next day, April 16th Pharos Tribune.
A 2nd follow up article appeared in the April 23rd 2010 Pharos Tribune.
I'm glad to have provided a source to help others.
Friday, July 2, 2010
Remains From Long Abandoned Cemetery Discovered
Posted by Debby at 5:31 PM 1 comment:
Labels: cemeteries, Pharos Tribune, Reed Cemetery
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Gilead Cemetery, Miami Co., IN
Had a fun day yesterday and the day before with my friend Rebecca Miller. Thursday we photographed the south section of the Gilead Cemetery. Friday we photographed the north section of Gilead Cemetery, picked berries and wild asparagus and saw a doe with twin fawns. Then had lunch together.
It will be quite some time before I get this online as I have several others I am working on at this time, but it is coming.
Posted by Debby at 7:57 AM 1 comment:
Labels: cemeteries, cemetery, foraging, Gilead, Miami county indiana
Monday, May 10, 2010
Peru Mount Hope Update online
I have uploaded the most recent burials at Peru Mount Hope adding 220 added burials since the January upload. There have also been date and grave locations added to many more additional. And there is still lots more to be added. If your loved one has not been added, please be patient. I still have many more pages from the burial books to go through.
Posted by Debby at 9:01 AM No comments:
Labels: burials, Peru Mount Hope cemetery
Sunday, March 21, 2010
Alto Cemetery Update (Howard County)
I uploaded an update of Alto Cemetery Database. I hope to put up a page of unidentified markers soon. Perhaps you will be able to identify one and help make this database more complete.
Posted by Debby at 10:10 AM 1 comment:
Thursday, January 21, 2010
January has been a busy month
- Ed continues to update the Sunset Memory Gardens web site from current obituaries.
- Kokomo Tribune Obituary Index - Ed is currently adding birth and death dates to 1971 and 1940. I am adding dates to the 1935 obits. These additions will be uploaded as we finish our years.
- Sharon Stafford Aldardyce recently sent me 34 tombstone photos for Center UB Cemetery in Cass County and they have been posted online.
- I am working on putting Wooleytown/Macedonia Cemetery online on the Miami County site.
- Beverly continues to send me the monthly interrments for Peru Mount Hope Cemetery and the web site was updated today.
- Mast/Hensler Cemetery (Howard County) is now online.
- I also added some updates to Galveston Cemetery and Walton Cemetery in Cass County in January.
Subscribe to: Posts (Atom)